Gateway 500S BT is Dension's premium interface and is designed to work with cars which utilize the fiber optic MOST system, it works by emulating the CD changer in the vehicle and enables you to use the original radio controls.
- Need a handsfree kit in your car?
- Want to listen to hours (days) of uninterrupted music?
- Have a smartphone and want to use it in the car?
- iPod integration?
We have it all.
The Gateway 500S BT is the perfect match for MOST™ fiber optic systems.
- All in ONE device : full iPod/iPhone control, USB playback, Bluetooth handsfree
- Song information and browsing on vehicle screen (ID3-Tag)
- A2DP audio streaming
- 3.5 mm Aux-in
- Control via original car audio system controls (including steering wheel controls – if available)
- Retain the original dashboard aesthetic
In addition to iPod and USB music playback the Gateway 500S BT includes Bluetooth. Not only does this enable hands free telephone operations but also allows A2DP music streaming to the original car audio system.
- Make and receive hands free calls in the car
- Browse phone book on the car's original screen(s)
- Phone audio through car speakers
- Stream music from your phone to the car audio system
- Use original controls
The Dension Gateway 500S BT connects to the optical system of the car. While this does not alter the electrical system of the vehicle, the connection is not different to connecting other aftermarket accessories like phone kits, or other entertainment electronics.
- The installation of a Dension product does not require the modification of any electrical component of a vehicle.
- The installation of a Dension product does not require cutting cables, soldering, or any irreversible action to the wiring of the vehicle. (Except 12 Volts connection in some specific installation cases.)
- Dension products can typically be removed without any trace (e.g. in case the vehicle is sold), except from the mechanical installation of the cradle option (if used and installed certain ways).
- Dension also serves several car manufacturers as an OEM partner with products offering very similar features based on similar technology as the consumer products of Dension.
If the car has a CD changer fitted, then Gateway 500 will integrate automatically, however if not, the CDC function may have to be enabled / programmed.
We strongly recommend having your device installed by a qualified car electronics technician. Dension does not warrant any installation work or assume liability for any damage caused due to negligence, improper installation or operation. Please find an installer in your region.
Features & Specifications
Hands-free calling directly from the car stereo via Bluetooth (microphone included)
Access to phone, phone book, music and other features
Easy to use interface with menu browsing and music information on your car display (including cluster display if available)
Sound of music, videos, navigation, podcasts etc. through the car speakers
A2DP music streaming - enables a wide selection of phones to connect
Phone battery charging on the go
iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone compatible
External microphone (included)
Navigation via car stereo
App audio through car speakers
iPhone/iPod control via Lightning to USB Cable (not included)
Smartphone control via A2DP or USB
USB flash drive or Hard Disk music playback
Aux-in available (through the Connector Port)
Steering wheel controls (if applicable)
Installation and user guide
iPod nano 7th generation and iPod touch 5th generation are supported via 'Lightning to USB Cable' (not included) and later
iPod (4th generation)
iPod nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th generation)
iPod Photo 4G
iPod Video 5G
iPod touch (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen.)
Supported USB devices:
USB: Flash Memory and Hard Disk Drive (USB ver. 1.1 and higher)
File System: FAT16 or FAT32
Storage capacity: up to 320GB music content
Music Formats: MP3, WMA and WAV
|Aston Martin||DB9 2004 - 2009||2004 - 2009|
|Aston Martin||Vanquish S 2004 - 2007||2004 - 2007|
|Aston Martin||Vantage 2005 - 2009||2005 - 2009|
|Audi||A4 2008 - 2015 (B8)||2008 - 2015|
|Audi||A5 2007 - 2012 (8T)||2007 - 2012|
|Audi||A6 2004 - 2011 (C6)||2004 - 2011|
|Audi||A8 2002 - 2009 (D3)||2002 - 2009|
|BMW||1 Series E81/87 2004 - 2011||2004 - 2013|
|BMW||1 Series E82/E88 2004 - 2013||2004 - 2013|
|BMW||3 Series E90/E91/E92 2005 - 2011||2005 - 2011|
|BMW||3 Series E93 2007 - 2012||2007 - 2012|
|BMW||5 Series E60/61 2003 - 2010||2003 - 2010|
|BMW||6 Series E63/E64 2003 - 2012||2003 - 2012|
|BMW||7 Series E65/E66/E67/E68 2001 - 2010||2001 - 2010|
|BMW||X5 E70 2007 - 2013||2007 - 2013|
|BMW||X6 E71 2008 - 2013||2008 - 2013|
|Mercedes||A Class W169 2004 - 2012||2004 - 2012|
|Mercedes||B Class W245 2005 - 2011||2005 - 2011|
|Mercedes||C Class W203 2001 - 2007||2001 - 2007|
|Mercedes||C Class W204 2007 - 2015||2007 - 2015|
|Mercedes||CL Class W216 1999 - 2006||1999 - 2006|
|Mercedes||CLK Class W209 1999 - 2009||1999 - 2009|
|Mercedes||CLS Class W218 2001 - 2004||2001 - 2004|
|Mercedes||CLS Class W219 2005 - 2011||2005 - 2011|
|Mercedes||E Class Coupe C207 2013 -||2013 - 2016|
|Mercedes||E Class W211 2002 - 2009||2002 - 2009|
|Mercedes||E Class W212 2013 -||2013 - 2016|
|Mercedes||G Class W463||1999 - 2015|
|Mercedes||GL Class X164 2005 - 2012||2005 - 2012|
|Mercedes||ML W164 2005 - 2011||2005 - 2011|
|Mercedes||R Class V251 2005 - 2010||2005 - 2010|
|Mercedes||S Class W220 1999 - 2007||1999 - 2007|
|Mercedes||SL Class R230 1999 - 2007||1999 - 2007|
|Mercedes||SLK Class R170 1999 - 2004||1999 - 2004|
|Mercedes||SLK Class R171 2004 - 2011||2004 - 2011|
|Mercedes||SLR Class C199 2005 - 2009||2005 - 2009|
|Mini||R52 2004 - 2008||2004 - 2008|
|Mini||R55/R56 2006 - 2014||2006 - 2014|
|Porsche||911 2003 - 2005||2003 - 2005|
|Porsche||911 2005 - 2009||2005 - 2009|
|Porsche||Boxter 2003 - 2009||2003 - 2009|
|Porsche||Cayenne (9PA) 2002 - 2010||2002 - 2010|
|Porsche||Cayman 2003 - 2009||2003 - 2009|
|Rolls-Royce||Phantom 2003 - 2007||2003 - 2007|
|SAAB||93 2003 - 2006||2003 - 2006|
|SAAB||95 2003 - 2006||2003 - 2006|
|Volvo||S40||1998 - 2004|
|Volvo||V50||2003 - 2012|
|Volvo||XC90||2002 - 2006|