Ex Tax: 1,074.38€
Product Code: X701D-A
Product Code: X701D-A
NEW MODEL X702D-A WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM MID. OCTOBER 2017
Alpine is introducing a premium Infotainment system designed exclusively for the:
- A4 (Model Year 2007-2015),
- A5 (Model Year 2007-2016),
- Q5 (Model Year 2009-2016).
With AUDI Chorus, Concert, Symphony audio systems.
Not compatible with AUDI MMI Navigation or Navigation systems.
Part of the rapidly growing line of Alpine Style vehicle-specific systems, the X701D-A gives Audi owners access to the latest media compatibility, cutting-edge navigation technology and Alpine’s audiophile sound quality. All system components are designed to fit perfectly in existing installation locations and integrate fully with the vehicle’s electronic systems.
Perfect System Integration
It requires extensive research and detailed understanding of the vehicle to design a Head Unit that perfectly integrates with the vehicle's electronic systems. The X701D-A is fully compatible with the Audi A4 / A5 / Q5 steering wheel control buttons and the multi-information display in the instrument cluster to maintain all important vehicle functions.
High Resolution Touch Screen
The 7-inch (17.8cm) high-resolution display allows full operation of the system via touch-screen technology and features the latest video technology for outstanding picture clarity, contrast and resolution. This allows navigation maps to be displayed in stunning detail, while movies or video clips become a real cinematic experience. The user interface is very intuitive and is designed to perfectly integrate into your vehicle. You’ll soon appreciate the ease of use and convenience of direct touch operation in your Audi.
DAB Digital Radio
The built-in DAB/DAB+/DMB tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception in outstanding, noise-free sound quality. DAB+ also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: select from a much wider range of radio stations and after an initial station scan you can easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic and genre list of available stations.
Audi uses the main display to show vehicle settings and warning messages (such as low oil level). The Alpine system is fully compatible with the Audi electronic systems and can therefore display all menus and warnings. We even redesigned most of the graphics to look very modern.
Since the Alpine system is fully connected to the vehicle’s electronic system, you can get many additional functions on the main screen such as parking sensor display, air condition and heater settings, seat heating settings and many more (depends on original equipment).
Alpine Control Panel
The original audio control panel is replaced by an Alpine panel that allows direct access to audio sources, navigation, rear view camera and more. It is designed to integrate perfectly into your vehicle’s dashboard.
Big Screen Entertainment
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod or iPhone to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 7-inch display. For driving safety the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion.
Built-in Bluetooth® Technology
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes it very easy to operate and also includes a speed dial function for the most frequently called numbers. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly transferred to the unit.
Premium Sound Quality
Alpine is known worldwide for excellent sound quality. Our audio specialists engineered the X701D-A with the greatest attention to detail — from selection of high-grade components to precision audio tuning — to deliver a truly high-end sound experience for your Audi. The system also offers many sound adjustment functions such as digital time correction and professional equalisation to allow users to adjust the system to their own preferences.
One Look Display
Our innovative “One Look” split-screen technology allows the driver to view the navigation map and audio playback information at one glance. This eliminates the need to switch between different applications. You can switch from full screen to One Look view with just a swipe on the display. This function is especially useful on long highway trips.
Points of Interest
You can easily search for POIs by category, name, distance and other criteria. This is very helpful when looking for a specific restaurant franchise or a specific gas station brand nearby. Restaurant information includes the phone number next to the address and food type – with a quick tap on the screen you can call ahead and reserve a table.
Advanced Address Input
You can input postal codes for all European countries, including 7-digit UK codes, which makes searching for addresses quicker. The system even reads partial addresses. Select your own language from 33 different keypads, including Cyrillic and Greek.
View maps in 3D with detailed buildings and landmarks. This feature helps you to better orientate yourself in big cities. Speed restriction display and speed camera warnings (not available in France) give you further driving assistance.
TMC Route Guidance
Lane Guidance lets the driver know which is the best lane to be in, while Dynamic TMC Route Guidance provides live traffic information for avoiding traffic jams and recalculates the route if necessary.
Important Navigation Features
- Extensive map database of 48 European countries
- Map updates can be purchased at any time online through naviextras.com
- Updates can be purchased by country and by region.
- This saves cost by updating only what is necessary.
- Address search with postcode input (including 7-digit UK postcodes)
- Smart routes: the system database stores historic traffic patterns and uses them to choose the best route depending on the time of day and day of week
Free map update within 30 days after first usage
Within 30 days after the installed unit’s first GPS fix, you can go to www.naviextras.com to check if there is a map update available and download it free of charge. This ensures that you have the latest map data after purchase.
Optional DVD Player
Upgrade your Alpine infotainment system with DVD playback capability. The DVE-5300X is designed to fit exactly behind the audio control panel to be easily reached from the driver’s seat. It uses HDMI technology for stunning image quality and can be fully controlled from the touch screen or the Alpine control panel. The DVD Player provides DVD, CD, MP3, DivX, FLAC and many more playback formats.
An Audiophile Sound Experience
We highly recommend upgrading your sound system if you install the Alpine Style Infotainment system to get a true audiophile sound experience in your Audi A4 or A5. Alpine offers the choice of a high-end front speaker system or a full audiophile grade sound system which includes a digital high-end amplifier with built-in DSP. Both systems are designed and tuned to ensure an excellent sound experience in your Audi.
SPC-100AU 2-way High-end Front Speaker System Upgrade
The SPC-100AU front speaker system features two high performance mid-bass woofers and two Silk Dome tweeters to upgrade the front doors of your Audi A4 or A5 that have the original four- or eight-speaker passive sound system.
SPC-200AU Audiophile Grade Sound System Upgrade
The optional digital amplifier and high performance speaker system upgrade bring a truly amazing sound experience to your A4 or A5. Creating the full sound system requires the SPC-100AU Front Speaker Upgrade kit plus the SPC-200AU Sound System package.
Parking Assistance Technology
The optional rear-view camera system provides parking safety with cutting-edge camera technology.
The rear-view camera automatically activates when reversing and also mutes the audio so you can hear the parking sensor signals. You not only have a clear view to the rear, you can also see useful distance guides that are programmed to exactly match the Audi's measurements for easier parking.
With the HCE-C252RD you have a choice of four viewing modes. Multi-view splits the screen so you have a clearer view of both left and right behind the car. Top view is very convenient when backing up to hook up a trailer, enabling you to get within centimeters of the trailer. There's also a picture in-picture function that shows the regular rear view in a small screen when you've selected a special viewing mode.
Features & Specifications
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: PI, PS, AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- DAB+ Tuner Built-in
- DAB+/DMB Supported
- DAB+ Slideshow Service
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB Service Following
- RDS Fallback (where available)
- Service Preset: 18 Preset Memory
- Auto Ensemble/Service Memory
- Service Search Function
- PTY Search Function
- Alphabet Search Function
- Antenna Power Supply Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Speed Dial: 4 Preset Memory (per phone)
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone Included
- Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: Made for iPod touch 5th/4th/3rd/2nd/1st Gen., iPod nano 7th/6th/5th/4th/3rd/ Gen., iPod classic 160GB/120GB/80GB, iPod with video, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPhone5S,iPhone5C, iPhone5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G
- Connection: KCU-461iV / KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music & Video Playback Compatible with KCU-461iV only
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Map Coverage: 48 Countries (Western and Eastern Europe)
- Menu Language: 29 Languages
- Voice Guidance Language: 29 Languages for Voice Guidance, 15 Languages for Text-to-Speech (TTS)
- Advanced Address Search
- Post Code Search
- Free Form Search
- Partial Name Search
- Advanced POI Functions
- Smart Routes: Smart Routes using historic traffic patterns
- Advanced Route Planning
- Eco Route Search
- 7 Alternative Route Recommendation
- Advanced TMC Mode
- Map Display Mode: 2D Heading Up, 2D North Up, 3D
- 3D City Mode: 3D Building/Icon Display
- Elevation Map Display: 3D maps with elevation mode
- 3D Motorway Junction View: Junction View with Sign Post
- Drive Lane Suggestion
- Tunnel Mode
- Highway Mode
- Voice Guidance Mixing
- Direct Phone Call from POI data
- 3 Positioning Sensors: GPS, Gyroscope, Vehicle Speed Pulse
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Extension Cable Included
- Music Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC Playback
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine™ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 4V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 7′′ Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- 50/50 Split Screen: Left / Right Position Changeable
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favorites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- PreOut: 3 PreOuts (4V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- OEM Sub-display Function
- Remote Control Ready
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rearview Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth), 29 Languages (Navigation Menu and Voice Guidance)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input (Alpine Special HDMI connector required)
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- CAN Connection Interface Included
- DAB Antenna Included
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300X
- Map & Database
- Online Map Update
- Includes installation brackets, wiring harness and CAN bus interface for complete installation.
- Screen Size: 7 inch Capacitive WVGA
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)
- Illumination System: White LED Backlighting
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99.99%
- Colour System: NTSC, PAL
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 4 x 50 W
- Tuning Range: 87.5 - 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 8.1 dBf (0.7 µV / 75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 12 dBf (1.1 µV / 75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 - 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 µV / 28 dBf
- Tuning Range: 153 - 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 µV / 30 dBf
- USB Requirements: USB 2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 1,500 mA (CDP Support)
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class, Play From Device
- File System: FAT 16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media™ Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ′′.m4a′′ file
- Flac Decoding
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5 - 20k Hz ±1 dB *Frequency Response may differ depending on the encoder software/bit rate
- Total Harmonic Distortion (at 1kHz): 0.008%
- DynamicRange(at 1kHz): 95 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB
- Channel Separation (at 1kHz): 85 dB
- GPS Antenna Type: Micro-strip Planar Aerial
- Reception Frequency: 1575.42 ±1 MHz
- Reception Sensitivity: -130 dB Maximum
- Reception Method: Parallel 12 Channels
- BLUETOOTH® Version: Bluetooth V2.1+EDR
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
- HFP: HFP (Hands Free Profile)
- OPP (Object Push Profile)
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- HSP (Head Set Profile)
- A2DP: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
- SPP (Serial Port Profile)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- BASS ENGINE SQ: 5Mode, Level 0 to +6
- HighPassFilter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- HighPassFilter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- HighPassFilter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- LowPassFilter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- LowPassFilter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- LowPassFilter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Time Correction: 0.0 - 9.9ms (0.1ms step)
- Dual HD EQ Front + Rear
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 - 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 - 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 - 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 - 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 - 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k - 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k - 7.2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k - 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k - 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -14 to +14
- Application Volume Level Setting: -14 to +14
- Input Format 720p/480p/VGA
- Output Format 480p
- Power Requirement: 14.4 V. DC (11-16V allowable)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 4 V / 10k ohms
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30°
- X701D-A4: Fits for Audi A4 / A5 / Q5 left hand drive
- X701D-A4R: Fits for Audi A4 / A5 / Q5 right hand drive
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 50 x 164 mm
Not compatible with AUDI MMI Navigation or Navigation systems.